CAIP-10 Link (CIP-7)¶
CAIP-10 Link (CIP-7) is streamcode that stores a link between a Web3 wallet account and a Ceramic account.
About CAIP-10 Link¶
- Chain-agnostic – CAIP-10 Link leverages the Chain Agnostic Improvement Proposal (CAIP) 10 standard to represent blockchain accounts from a variety of blockchain networks
- One-way links – Links are one way only: from a blockchain account to a Ceramic account (DID). It is not possible to go from a Ceramic account to a blockchain account using only CAIP-10 Links. However, this can be achieved by using the
identity-accounts-cryptodata model which stores a list of CAIP-10 links owned by a Ceramic account.
- Multi-account – A Ceramic account (DID) can have an unlimited number of CAIP-10 Links that publicly bind it to many different addresses on many different L1 and L2 blockchain networks.
- Content – The content of a CAIP-10 Link can only store the
stringvalue of a Ceramic account (DID) or
nullif no DID is linked. Internally, the commits in the CAIP-10 Link contain a signed link proof.
- Metadata – The metadata of a CAIP-10 Link is defined by the standard and is not editable by consumers. It contains the blockchain account (CAIP-10 string) as the only entry in
controllersand adds the chainID as in
Getting started with CAIP-10 Links¶
Read the CAIP-10 Link (CIP-7) standard for more information about the standard.